Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cordoba, Granada and the first real trouble (pt 1)

Hi!

I arrived in Sevilla and I have stories to tell you about Cordoba and Granada (where I finally went back to my old unlucky self). But first, some points I forgot about Barcelona:

- My friend has a crazy friend who can be described in Turkish as yavsak an English an milanese guy hitting on every girl. But this guy was somehow a funny and lovely yavsak. I witnessed the weirdest pick up strategy ever thanks to him. I mentioned the club we went in Barca. It was next to a huge swimming pool and people were swimming (among other things) in it during the party. This guy approach almost all girls passing by and asked them "I heard there is a pool here, where is it?". The surpsied girls mostly answered the questions and he tried to use this as a conversation starter. Unlucky for him, everyone around was laughing their asses off so he could not start anything.
- That guy cannot speak a word of english and he s moving to USA.
- The meat is so fucking cheap there. We bought meat for 3 people and it cost 10 euros.


Cordoba:
- My fisrt stop in andalucia was Cordoba. I arrivd ther around noon and surprised to see no one was in the streets and all shops were closed. It took 30 seconds to understnad the reaon of course; it was 40 degrees. Siesta is a must here
- Once a Moorish powerhouse, the city is quite small now. The old city area was amazing though. Very old and cool looking houses, narrow streets where you can get lost easily.
- The highlight was without doubt the Mezquita (mescit for turks). It was one the biggest mosque in Europe. The main point of interest for me is to observe it from a turkish view. As you know, the Ottomans converted all the cool christian buildings into mosques or islamic style after taking Istanbul. In Cordoba, things worked the other way around. The christians conquered the Moorish part of Spain and converted the mosques into cathedrals. This caused a really intriguing architecture and a unique mood within the building. Really loved it.
- I saw 5 people in the sreets during the 2 hours of walking I di. 1 was a homeless guy.
- The hostel was quite cool with a view of Mezquita in the background. But it took until 23 for us to sit up there cause the temperature did not go below 35 before then.
- It took a little more than 1 day for me to see all the things there and I went on with my Andalucia trip with Granda.

There is a huge queue full of angry Americans waiting for the computers so I ll get back and continue with Granada and my troubles there another time.

Hugs from Sevilla!

2 comments:

Levent Tüter / Touter said...

allah kolaylık versin çağdaşım. amerikalıları, amerikaya taşınan arkadaşınla tanıştırsaydın vait kazanırdın eheheh.

sadece senin blogunun gazıyla romaya gidiyorum salı günü bu arada :) eywallah :)

mmk said...

pick up lines? please..
get hammered and hurl on their shoes. classic conversation starter

levent roma'da seni doverler

optum