Monday, July 7, 2008

Vaffanculo, Italiano!

Alright, here comes ny next post. I am on my way to Venezia, and I would have said "I'm crossing the Rubicon" if I intended to look pretentious; so you're lucky I'm not.

But here comes the latest news. Thanks to Mehmet's nice wishes for my tripI'm always having small shit tangling up my very short term plans. The latest one was thanks to Italian workers:

The Italian Railways Workers "Strike" Again:

Yes, I am a lucky guy. The italians were on a strike as usual. But this time it started exactly the same hour that I planned my journey to Italy! Thanks to them, I had to cancel a couple of bookings and got stuck in Austria for 1.5 days more. Actually that wouldn't be that bad if only the weather went crazy and rained like hell for the last 1.5 days which "coincidently" clashed with my extra 1.5 days in here. So I basically lost 1.5 half days thanks to Michele's brothers and of course thanks again for your support Mehmet Abi, keep it up :)

Weird and fun experiences so far:
- I went to the mountains yesterday and was so amazed. The scenery is great here, and I even got the chance to get a swim in a lake 1000 meters above the sea level.
- The Alpine Milka cows do exist. Except they are not purple and cannot speak in real life.
- I went to Inssbruck to hike in the mountains but it was sooo rainy. Actually the clouds were like 15 meters above my head that I could not even see the top of the buildings -let alone seeing the mountains and stuff.
- It was 10 degrees so I had to wear 2 tshirts to keep warm. (I didnot take anything warm; thankfully I m going to Italy whre it s supposed to be 65 degrees)
- There are about a million Americans in Austria
- They dont talk to people from other countries and hang out altogether.
- I have to stop drinking this much beer or I'll have to end the trip in 1.5 weeks. Pfff...
- One Japanese guy in my dorm room was so Japanese that whenever someone entered the room while he was asleep (8 bed room) he woke up and said "Hello" to the other guy and went back to sleep right after. I and a couple of guys even made some experiments on the Japanese dude, it alway worked. Dont know why...
- I am so exploiting my railway pass. If the authorities see the number of trains I jumped in the past 6 days they would probably stop selling Interrail passes.
- My best friends here are Burger King, beers, my backpack and the dude in the hostel who gives free french fries to me after ordering my 10th beer in a row.
- So many Turks live here in Austria too that one of the most common words I keep hearing are "amina koyim" which roughly and politely means "I want to have sexual intercourse with you" in Turkish.
- I cant reach the gypsy called Ender. I just saw his comment to the previuos post so at least I know that he s alive. Are you still wearing your best basball cap? I need one...
- I decided to postpone my Slovenia and Croatia detour. First I'll complete the Italy leg and then I'll decide what to do next.
- I#m sorry that I didnt mention about you in the previous post, Levent. You are right, you are at least as famous as Moyart and I should have mentioned about your birthplace. Forgive me :)

Going to Italy

- In 2 hours I'll get on my train to Venice. I dont plan to stay there, and I have so cool ideas. I think I'll go straight down to Naples (Naaaapoli) to taste the best pizza in the world and go do my pilgrimage to Pompei where Pink Floyd played live. I'm so excited that I can summarize my feelings only in Turkish: Götüm karincalaniyo adeta aminakoyum
- Then I'll move up step by step visiting all the cities along the way. I heard there is a touristic city called Rome. I plan to check it out and spend at least half a day there. Something tells me that it must have something to do with the Roman Empire.

So far everything has been great. Of course I missed Ender and his green best shit but I can live without it for a couple of more weeks. I'll try to write more often here. I end my post with a quote from the one-time-turkish-hero Internet Mahir: I kiss you.

Cagdas

5 comments:

garagusak gaykayci said...

Gajdop cum, ben yine az içtim haftasonu ve tabi ki budapeste ziyaretimde. senin de oralarda az içtiğini duyduğuma sevindim, burger kin otoritelere göre en sağlıklı fast food restörenti imiş. best tshirt ümü giyemedim daha, kirletmicem sana saklıorum, ilerde de sana basiyet olarak bırakcam. ingilizce diline karsıyım senin bilokünda, kendimi gozluca daha ii ifade ettiğimi düşünüorum, en azından yazılı olarak aynı dili gullanıoz.

slobenyaya istediin zaman gel. bena burda ii bakıolar, urskanın babası bana telefon ayarladı kameralı falan bir de slobenya numerosu, isbeç telefonumu kullanamıom kontölü bitti bena burdan ulasabilirsiniz. 00386 40530103 .

bilmiorum en son komentimde yazdım mı ama bana cin-şampanya içirdiler budapestede. 15 kişiden sadece 2 kişi içtik şişeyi, diğeri ilk önce ucurumdan yuvarlandı, telefonunu kaybetti, sora da sokak ta uyudu ehhehe. o gece ermeni ibnesi zehirledi beni yoksa ben hayatımda sarhoş olmadım :P sen de tabi ki. sana özledim gajdop, slobenyaya olmadı italyanlardan nefret ettiğin zaman gelirsin, dönüşte yani. milana gidersen, gunes gözlüğüyle ve apış aranı kaşırken kemerin de önunde sallanaraktan italyan adetidir)corcuyo azıyla foto istiorum. napoli de de vafankulo yapparken foto istiorum. sidikli bakbakır törist kokunu merak ediorum. öptüm yavrum. en son entirini begendim, eşcinsel içerikli değil bu sefer. hadi dayı. öperim ii bak kendine. napoliden sağ çıkarsan bu yolculuk bitti sayılır.

mmk said...

dear gajdop (iki gozum),
i am actually quite flattered that you think of me as this supernatural abi. well, i kinda am. but i am taking back what i have said before. the only reason i didn't wish you any good luck was that i got really jelaus. but you know my love for you. it is unequalled pure and self destructive. the comforting effects of me taking back my words will follow immediately after i push "send". the real journey shall start after zermany and south zermany anyway.

i need a favor
you must come back from pompei with a picture of yourself. but the picture must be taken in a way that i can photoshop myself next to you. this will do until i go there myself.
not to mention that you must eat a pizza for me in naaaapoli (at the place where michele suggested you to go). i know you will have more than one, so dedicate one to me.

sana varim, birbirimize yanginiz
mehmet abin

Daniel said...

Per favore... Vaffaculo!! :p

Men... I just remembered our after-parties in Lviv... LOL

Unknown said...

ouch i m so so jealous of the beatles concert.....and rnt u afraid of the garbage problem in naples?? well, tell me how is it, i m going there in september...and be carefull, i ve heard naples is the most dangerous place in italy. but the mountains and the sea around are so so beautiful!!!! and the islands, like capri and ischia and the small cities, like positano etc....

gregor samsa said...

çok gezen mi bilir çok içen mi... dewaam;)
---------------------------------
the more you travel the more you drink....continuue;)